Swim Pure Pools contractors address bugs around the pool
When you jump into your swimming pool — especially if you aren’t diligent in using a swimming pool cover — you may find yourself jumping into pool water littered with bugs. This is not what you want to see when you simply want to jump in and swim, right? Sure, skimming the bugs off the surface isn’t a huge deal, but if you have to skim bugs off the pool every time before you swim, that means you’re missing out on enjoyable swim time.
The only shrieks you want to hear when you and your family jump into the pool are shrieks of joy, not fear because of floating bug corpses!
Do you have bugs around your swimming pool?
Here are tips to keep the bugs away
- Be diligent in the use of a pool cover. It will slow the rate of evaporation AND keep bugs out of the water.
- Make sure there are no branches overhanging the pool. These are magnets for bugs. Trim them back.
- Turn off the in-pool lights when you’re not using the pool — especially at night — to keep the bugs away.
- Brush the pool at least weekly. Brush the sides, walls and floors of the reduce growth of algae as insects are attracted to it. The pool will need to be vacuumed once you’ve brushed off any debris.
- Your pool contractor may recommend a polymeric algaecide to prevent the growth of algae.
- Clean and change the filters regularly.
- Keep the chlorine levels in check maintained between 1.5 and 3.5 parts per million as another way to prevent the growth of algae.
Ask us for more tips and tricks on keeping the bugs away from the swimming pool and out of the water. Another tip is to keep food and drinks away from the pool and deck as they will attract ants and other flying and potentially stinging insects.